What We Do
- We educate international students and scholars on how to maintain their immigration status, we advise faculty, staff and departments on what is required to host international students/scholars, and we ensure that the University is in compliance with immigration regulations.
- We strive to be well connected to other offices and departments on campus in order to support the entire experience of our international students and scholars.
- We provide intentional programming designed to bolster the professional and personal development of our international community. We also provide an avenue for our represented countries and cultures to share and engage with the greater campus community.
- We continually advocate on behalf of our students and scholars regarding immigration, academic, and personal matters to ensure that their voices are heard within the Lehigh community and beyond.
- We aim to facilitate ways for our international students and scholars to engage beyond the Lehigh campus.
Location and Hours
The Office of International Students and Scholars (OISS) is located on the first floor of Coxe Hall, between Lamberton Hall and Williams Hall.
Our on-campus mailing address is Coxe Hall 104, OISS. Our off-campus mailing address is 32 Sayre Drive, Coxe Hall, Bethlehem, PA 18015.
You can also contact us at (610) 758-4859 or email@example.com.
OISS is open Monday through Friday from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm.
OISS Advisors are assigned by College. Advisor assignments for students may change periodically. All questions can be sent to our general inbox and your inquiry will be forwarded to the correct person. Please only send your question to one e-mail address (either your advisor directly or the general inbox). As of October 2023, student advisor assignments are as follows:
College of Arts & Sciences (all students): Linnan Tartaglia
College of Business (all students): Olga Scarpero
College of Education: Nichole Hunley
P.C. Rossin College of Engineering and Applied Sciences (all students): Olga Scarpero
College of Health: Linnan Tartaglia
Intercollegiate programs: Olga Scarpero
All scholars (on J-1 or H-1B visa) are advised by Nichole Hunley.
Questions about Lehigh's Permanent Residency sponsorship policy should be directed to Amanda Connolly.
Scheduling an Appointment
OISS does not provide walk-in advising services. To meet with an advisor, please schedule an appointment in iHome (under General Services).
International Flag Requests
OISS maintains a library of flags from around the world that can be borrowed for events throughout the year. If you wish to borrow flags from OISS, please complete this request form no later than 1 week prior to your event. All available flags are listed on the request form, so if a flag that you wish to borrow is not listed, you should submit your request at least 1 month prior to your event to allow time for OISS to order the requested flag. Please note that an index number is required to complete the form. There is no charge for borrowing flags, and the index will only be used if the flag is not returned or returned in unusable condition. OISS lends flags and wooden poles only. Bases/stands, if desired, must be requested through ABM.
- Roughly 1,000 international students and scholars are proud to call Lehigh home.
- The leading countries of origin for students and scholars are China, India and Iran
- Lehigh’s international population is mostly concentrated in the P.C. Rossin College of Engineering and Applied Science and the College of Business and Economics.
- The majority of the university’s international population holds an F-1 visa.