J-1 Students

International students are eligible to participate in the J-1 Exchange Visitor Program if they or their program are financed directly or indirectly by the United States Government, the government of their home country, or an international organization of which the United States is a member by treaty or statute, or if they are supported substantially by funding from any source other than personal or family funds. Students are also eligible if their program is carried out by agreement between the United States Government and a foreign government, or pursuant to written agreement between American and foreign educational institutions, an American educational institution and a foreign government, or a state or local government in the United States and a foreign government. For more information on the differences between F-1 and J-1 student visas, visit F-1 vs. J-1 page.