Every year, the Iacocca International Internship Program includes several group opportunities led by Lehigh University faculty and staff. Applications for proposals are closed. University faculty and staff will be notified in summer 2019 for the following summer's Request for Proposals.
These group internships:
- enable a broader geographic reach, especially in locations where students are less likely to travel independently,
- provide opportunities for those students not comfortable with independent travel and work abroad,
- expand upon institutional partnerships, and
- allow faculty to advance research collaboration and existing relationships at host sites.
Request for Proposals
Applications for proposals are closed. University faculty and staff will be notified in summer 2019 for the upcoming Request for Proposals.
When developing a proposal, consider the following:
- The program should have a professional component that can be defined as a practicum, research or internship.
- The experience should be at least six weeks, preferably eight weeks or more.
- The group size is typically four to six students.
Examples of Successful Proposals
Program and Student Selection
The proposal process is competitive, as is the student selection. The IIIP funds are not intended as permanent subsidies for programs. Proposals that have been funded for more than three consecutive years may not be considered for renewal. Please contact Director Carol Ham if you are considering a request that will extend support beyond three years.
The IIIP Steering Committee will choose students for the program based on the IIIP selection criteria and taking into account the following considerations:
- Students with financial need are considered more closely than those with no or little need.
- Students with no previous experience abroad on a Lehigh-sanctioned program are considered before those who have had an experience abroad.
- Rising juniors and seniors will be considered before first-year students.