Every year, the Iacocca International Internship Program includes several group opportunities led by Lehigh University faculty and staff. Learn how you can lead a group of Lehigh students on a hands-on international experience.
These group internships:
- enable a broader geographic reach, especially in locations where students are less likely to travel independently,
- provide opportunities for those students not comfortable with independent travel and work abroad,
- expand upon institutional partnerships, and
- allow faculty to advance research collaboration and existing relationships at host sites.
Request for Proposals
We are now inviting faculty and staff to submit proposals for 2019 group programs. Interested faculty and staff must submit a proposal based upon the following template, including a detailed budget, to Carol Ham at firstname.lastname@example.org by September 26, 2018.
When developing a proposal, consider the following:
- The program should have a professional component that can be defined as a practicum, research or internship.
- The experience should be at least six weeks, preferably eight weeks or more.
- The group size should be four to eight students.
Examples of Successful Proposals
Program and Student Selection
The proposal process is competitive. Proposals are selected based on the following criteria:
- Internship description
- Program cost
- Alignment with university’s international strategic plan
- Balance of IIIP portfolio across locations, disciplines, number of students, etc.
The IIIP funds are not intended as permanent funding for programs. Proposals that have been funded for more than three years may not be considered for renewal. Please contact Carol Ham if you are considering a request that will extend support beyond three years.
The IIIP Steering Committee will choose students for the program based on the IIIP selection criteria and the following considerations
- Students with financial need are considered more closely than those with no or little need.
- Students with no previous experience abroad on a Lehigh-sanctioned program are considered before those who have had an experience abroad.
- Rising juniors and seniors will be considered before first-year students.