The Iacocca Global Entrepreneurship Intensive 2021 brings high school sophomores and juniors (ages 15-17) together from all regions of the world for four weeks to work together on real-world projects.
IGEI 2021 is a highly interactive virtual program that combines real-world learning opportunities and intercultural experiences.
- Work on a group project solving a real problem for a U.S. or international client company.
- Learn about entrepreneurship, design thinking, global leadership and working within a culturally diverse group.
- Meet other bright high school students from around the world and form friendships that will last a lifetime.
NEW THIS YEAR: Select a focus area such as Sustainability, Technology, Population Health, or Marketing/Branding to combine an immersive one-week “deep dive” with the four-week entrepreneurship and client project experience.
We are excited to offer this intentionally designed, engaging virtual program for summer 2021. We are also closely following the response to COVID-19. Depending on national, local and university requirements, we may be able to offer an on-campus option as well. We will know more later in the spring.
Questions? Contact us at email@example.com.
What You’ll Learn
Program graduates will learn to:
- evaluate whether an idea has the potential to become a successful innovation,
- work as part of an international team, and
- develop a functional business and marketing plan.
What You’ll Do
The curriculum includes:
- Entrepreneurial design challenges and a team project to develop a solution for a U.S. or international client organization
- Deep-dive focus on an area of interest, such as sustainability, population health, marketing/branding, or technology, with Lehigh University faculty and mentors
- Core sessions in entrepreneurship, ethics, marketing, basic accounting and global enterprise with Lehigh faculty and other expert facilitators leaders
- Additional workshops in negotiating, leadership development, and optional focus areas
- Conversations with entrepreneurs sharing real-life stories of success and lessons learned
- Pre-college exposure, including admissions information, financial aid guidance and college major/career exploration
- Virtual roommates, cultural and social activities, and connections with university students and campus community
HOW TO APPLY
The application for the 2021 program is now open. The early decision deadline has been extended to March 8. After March 8, we will admit qualified applicants on a rolling basis until program maximum is reached.
Academically talented U.S. and international high school students who are current sophomores or juniors at the time of the application deadline may apply. Applicants must demonstrate academic achievement, an interest in entrepreneurship and a record of leadership and service activities.
A selection committee of Lehigh University faculty and staff and business leaders reviews applications for academic achievement and commitment, leadership initiative, ability to contribute to a living/learning community and excellent written expression.
Program fee for students for the virtual-only 2021 program is $2900. This fee includes all program costs for the duration of the four-week program. This is a significant reduction from the original on-campus residential program cost of $4250.
*Depending on national, state and institutional changes regarding COVID19 protocols and safety, we may offer on-campus options at an additional cost.
The program helped me develop time management skills, which dramatically increased my performance in both school activity and extracurricular work. In addition, I met people with whom I continue to talk, and have no intention to stop. That is why I know that the virtual program had an effect on me I will not stop experiencing for a long time.
Eduard S., Ukraine
IGEI Virtual 2020
My attendance in this program has drastically affected my life in a positive way. I got a chance to be a part of a prestigious program that is dedicated to entrepreneurship. For my entire life, I have always wanted to help other people. Our project we allowed me to do just that. This program gave me a clear idea as to which career path I wish to choose for myself.
Ishaan P., India
IGEI Virtual 2020
I am so grateful to have had this experience. Working alongside a group of talented individuals helped me build my group work skills and exposed me to a variety of cultures. This program and the people I met have shaped me as a leader and as a person. In addition to all the useful entrepreneurial tips and insights I received, I enjoyed getting hands-on consulting experience.
Jesse L., New Jersey
The experiences I gained as well as the incredible friends I made through my time at the program will last with me for the rest of my life. I would like to sincerely thank you for the incredible environment you established, which has made me fall in love with the business world and the Lehigh community.
Harry S., New York