Do you have what it takes to innovate? Enhance your abilities in entrepreneurship, leadership, and global citizenship as part of an international network of emerging leaders from across the U.S. and around the world at the Iacocca Global Entrepreneurship Intensive.
IGEI is an immersive, hands-on program that combines experiential learning and intercultural connection. After completing the program, IGEI graduates can:
- evaluate the potential of ideas to become successful innovations
- create functional business/marketing plans and compelling pitches
- navigate cultural differences and collaborate to succeed as a team
How It Works
Develop and test your design thinking, entrepreneurship, and global leadership skills
Devise, refine, and present solutions for real world problems faced by U.S. or international client companies
Work within a culturally diverse team of high school students (ages 15-17) from around the world and form friendships that will last a lifetime
Visit area businesses and learn from entrepreneurs and CEOs sharing real-life stories of successes and lessons learned
The Iacocca Global Entrepreneurship Intensive includes:
- Entrepreneurial design challenges, business hackathon, and team projects that develop solutions for U.S. or international client organizations
- Deep-dive focus on an area of interest, such as sustainability, population health, or business, led by Lehigh University faculty
- Core sessions in sustainable design, social entrepreneurship, disruptive leadership, and business ethics
- Workshops in negotiation, leadership development, CliftonStrengths by Gallup, and public speaking
- Collaboration with Lehigh’s College of Business, College of Health, Sustainability Office, Baker Institute for Entrepreneurship, Creativity and Innovation, Lehigh@NasdaqCenter, and the Mountaintop Initiative
- Cultural and social activities, local and regional field trips, and connections with university students and Lehigh campus community members
Questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The application for the 2023 program will be available beginning in October 2022.
How to Apply
Application to IGEI is competitive. Interested young adults can apply online.
The early decision deadline is February 19, 2023. Early decision notifications go out the week of March 13. After that date, we will admit qualified applicants on a rolling basis until the program maximum is reached.
Academically talented U.S. and international high school students who are current sophomores or juniors at the time of the application deadline may apply. Participants may not be older than 17 during the program dates of June 25 - July 22.
Applicants must demonstrate academic achievement, an interest in entrepreneurship, and a record of leadership and service activities. A selection committee of Lehigh University faculty and staff and business leaders reviews applications for academic achievement and commitment, leadership initiative, ability to contribute to a living/learning community, and excellent written expression.
IGEI participants stay in Lehigh University housing under the supervision of program guides and a residence life coordinator. Rooms are double occupancy, with shared bathrooms on single-sex floors, in co-ed dorms. Rooms are equipped with linens and mini-fridges; self-serve laundry facilities are available for participant use.
Participants will enjoy food from campus dining services, area restaurants, and dorm kitchens. Dietary restrictions (medical and religious) and preferences (where possible) will be accommodated.
Pre-college exposure, including admissions information, financial aid guidance, and college major/career exploration, is included in the IGEI curriculum.