The Global Union is a coalition of 45+ student clubs and organizations with an international or cultural focus. We welcome new clubs to join at any time.
The benefits of GU membership can include:
- Funding for events
- Assistance with marketing and design
- Networking with 40+ like-minded clubs
- Email and social media blasts to 2,000+ students, faculty and staff
To apply for membership, ask your club president to
- Send an email to the GU President, and Director, making them aware of your club's interest in becoming a member of the GU
- Prepare a short presentation about your club to the GU board
- Attend a GU board meeting and present your club.
The GU board will then review the presentation, ask questions about the club, then vote on membership. Assuming all goes well, your club will become a GU member on the spot.
- Appointing a GU Representative who will attend our bi-weekly meetings
- Hosting one internationally focused educational, cultural or social event per semester
The Global Union, one of Lehigh’s largest and most active student organizations, is currently accepting nominations for President, Vice President, Secretary, and four VP Executive Board positions!
Open positions will be elected by the current GU Representatives and Executive Board members during a meeting at 5 p.m. on Monday, April 29.
If you wish to be considered for a position, you must submit a video (per position) no longer than TWO minutes to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the following information:
- Full name
- Year at Lehigh
- Position you are applying for
- Your background, experiences and strengths
- Why you are interested in joining the GU in that position
The deadline for submission is Wednesday, April 24. If you have any questions, please send an email to the Graduate Assistant, Angel Oi Yee Cheng, at email@example.com.
President - Serve on the University-created Council of Student Presidents and related entities, represent the Global Union to the Lehigh community, be responsible for the Global Union affairs, preside over all Executive Board meetings, manage GU branding efforts with the Vice President, and work closely with the GU Director in all matters concerning the GU.
Vice President - Assist the President to oversee the GU organization, especially for branding efforts and alumni relations. Responsible for International Week logistics, supporting Executive Board programming initiatives, and acting on behalf of the President when needed.
* Anyone running for the above positions must be a current GU representative, E-board member or have had significant interaction with the Global Union members, programs, etc.
Secretary - Recorder of official minutes of all Executive Board and GU Representative Board meetings, and maintainer of all membership rosters and records. Responsible for obtaining and updating accurate contact information for all member clubs, including attendance at Representative Board meetings
Vice President for Graduate Student Outreach - Responsible for recruitment of graduate clubs and the maintenance of relationships with current graduate club member organizations
Vice President for Club Relations - Responsible for new club recruitment, attending club meetings, assisting club development and running Representative Board meetings
Vice President for Member Programming - Responsible for creating collaborative programming that brings GU clubs together to develop larger scale events and enhance club participation in the GU. Additionally, will take the lead on any training programming developed during the academic year.
Vice President for Internal Programming - Responsible for leading the Global Union Ambassadors program. This includes the creation and management of the ambassador application process, weekly meetings, and assisting the ambassadors in event planning and execution.
** The VP positions and Secretary above are open to all Lehigh students.