The Global Union provides funding to Lehigh University student clubs and organizations to host events with an international or cultural theme.
If you would like to apply for funding for your event, please fill out the Global Union Event Planning Form at least TWO WEEKS the date of your event. The Global Union Executive Board will review your request and notify you via email whether you have been granted funding. Funding for events that involve collaboration between 2+ clubs/organizations will be prioritized.
To request a flag or flags for your event, please complete this form.
For any questions regarding the GU or event planning/requests please email the GU at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tips for a Successful Event
- Think about your audience when choosing the topic or speaker.
- Choose a location based on the size of your audience.
- When selecting a date, think about other events happening on campus.
- 4:00 p.m. and 7:00 p.m. are popular times for events because most students are not in class.
- Think about food: Do you want to serve food? What kind? Where will you be getting it from? Note: Due to Lehigh regulations, you may not cook food at home and serve it at a University event.
- Think about decorations, music, and any other materials you will need. If you are serving food, make sure you have plates, napkins, etc.
- Reach out to other clubs, organizations or campus office's that could collaborate or donate additional funding.
- Fill out the GU event planning form at least two weeks before the event.
- Advertise your event and invite interested parties from Lehigh and the surrounding community. If you need ideas about local Lehigh Valley organizations that might be interested in your event, contact email@example.com
- After the event, send thank you notes to anyone who spoke or helped out.