Many of our internships are available to students thanks to the participation of Lehigh Alumni around the world and other sponsoring organizations. When organizations host Lehigh interns for six to 12 weeks over summer, they receive many benefits, such as new perspectives from high-potential, mature, and driven students, and the opportunity to mentor and supervise promising young adults.
Types of Internship Experiences
- Language Skill Development
- Service Learning
Host Organization Responsibilities:
- Maintain a Commercial General Liability Policy (CGL Policy) of at least US $1 million. This policy is issued around the globe and any licensed insurance broker will be knowledgeable about the coverage and terms. It is a standard insurance policy issued for business organizations to protect them against liability claims for bodily injury, products and completed operations; and advertising and personal injury.
- Sign the International Internship Agreement (PDF)
- Define position description to include meaningful responsibilities
- Identify on-site supervisor or mentor with some degree of English language ability; we do require any language ability in order to make the program even more accessible to our applicants.
- Coordinate in-country logistics in conjunction with Program Director
- Provide space, equipment and tools needed to perform duties
- Provide weekly feedback to the intern and complete a final evaluation for the program
If you are interested in providing an international internship experience for a Lehigh University student, please fill in this brief survey.
You may also contact Carol Ham at firstname.lastname@example.org or (610) 758-3467.