The Iacocca Global Entrepreneurship Intensive brings American high school sophomores and juniors (ages 16-17) together with international high school students from all regions of the world for four weeks to live and learn together at Lehigh University in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania.
Students learn about entrepreneurship, globalization, team building, project management, leadership and working within a culturally diverse environment.
Program Dates: June 30 – July 27, 2019
Program graduates will learn to:
- evaluate whether an idea has the potential to be a successful innovation,
- work as part of an international team, and
- develop a functional business and marketing plan.
The curriculum includes:
- Core courses in business, ethics, marketing, basic accounting and globalization taught by Lehigh University faculty and community leaders
- Additional courses in specific areas of business such as negotiating, human resources or financial markets
- Meetings with entrepreneurs in residence to hear real-life stories of success and lessons learned
- Team project to develop a solution for an actual problem facing a local company
- Educational field trips to New York City and Harrisburg, Pennsylvania’s capital
- Cultural exchanges and other activities
The highlight of the program is the team project, where participants work in small groups to apply what they've learned and help a local or an international business solve a problem. In past years, students have worked with regional and international companies such as Just Born Quality Confections, CT Global Solutions, Habitat for Humanity, Lehigh University Office of International Affairs, Real Time Cases, PBS 39/WLVT, and more.
If you have questions, contact Diana Q. Shepherd, Director, email@example.com, or (610) 758-3401 or (610) 758-6886.
How to Apply
The application for the 2019 program is now open.
If you prefer to use a paper application, download the form here.
Eligibility: Academically talented U.S. and international high school students who are current sophomores or juniors at the time of the application deadline may apply. Applicants must demonstrate academic achievement, an interest in entrepreneurship and a record of leadership and service activities.
A selection committee of Lehigh University faculty and staff and business leaders reviews applications for academic achievement and commitment, leadership initiative, ability to contribute to a living/learning community and excellent written expression.
Program fee for students for the 2019 program is $4,250. This fee includes all program costs, course materials, recreational activities, field trips, housing and meals for the duration of the four-week program. For students arriving by air, the fee includes airport transfer from Newark Liberty International Airport or Lehigh Valley International Airport to Lehigh University. Limited scholarships are available.
Students who arrive on the morning of the first day of the program and do not need an airport transfer are eligible for a discount. Please contact us to learn more.
Questions? Contact Diana Q. Shepherd, Director, firstname.lastname@example.org, or (610) 758-3401 or (610) 758-6886.
Location and Logistics
The program takes place on the campus of Lehigh University in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania. Participants will also visit local businesses and cultural sites. They live in residence halls on campus with a residence life coordinator and 10 undergraduate or graduate student mentors and enjoy meals in Lehigh dining facilities and local restaurants.