The Iacocca Global Entrepreneurship Intensive brings high school sophomores and juniors (ages 15-17) together from all regions of the world for four weeks to live and learn together at Lehigh University in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania.
Students learn about entrepreneurship, design thinking, project collaboration and teamwork, global leadership and working within a culturally diverse environment.
NEW THIS YEAR: Students can select a focus area such as Sustainability, Technology, or Population Health, with the unique opportunity to combine an immersive one-week “deep dive” in their focus area with their overall four-week entrepreneurship and client project experience.
The highlight of the program is the team project, where participants work in small groups to apply what they've learned and help a U.S. or international business organization solve a problem. In past years, students have worked with clients such as Just Born Quality Confections, CT Global Solutions, Habitat for Humanity, PBS 39/WLVT, and more.
Program graduates will learn to:
- evaluate whether an idea has the potential to become a successful innovation,
- work as part of an international team, and
- develop a functional business and marketing plan.
The curriculum includes:
- One-week “deep dive” in a focus area of interest, such as Sustainability, Population Health, and Technology, with Lehigh faculty and mentors.
- Entrepreneurial design challenges and a team project to develop a solution for a U.S. or international client organization
- Core courses in entrepreneurship, ethics, marketing, basic accounting and global enterprise taught by Lehigh University faculty and community leaders
- Additional workshops in negotiating, leadership development, and optional focus areas
- Meetings with entrepreneurs in residence to hear real-life stories of success and lessons learned
- Educational field trips to New York City and regional site visits with companies
- Cultural exchanges and other activities
If you have questions, contact Diana Q. Shepherd, Director, at email@example.com, or (610) 758-3401 or (610) 758-6886.
How to Apply
The application for the 2021 program is now open. The deadline to apply is February 22, 2021.
Eligibility: Academically talented U.S. and international high school students who are current sophomores or juniors at the time of the application deadline may apply. Applicants must demonstrate academic achievement, an interest in entrepreneurship and a record of leadership and service activities.
A selection committee of Lehigh University faculty and staff and business leaders reviews applications for academic achievement and commitment, leadership initiative, ability to contribute to a living/learning community and excellent written expression.
Program fee for students for the 2021 program is $4250. This fee includes all program costs, course materials, recreational activities, field trips, housing and meals for the duration of the four-week program. For students arriving by air, the fee includes airport transfer from Newark Liberty International Airport or Lehigh Valley International Airport to Lehigh University. Limited scholarships and partner school discounts may be available.
Students who arrive on the morning of the first day of the program and do not need an airport transfer are eligible for a discount. Please contact us to learn more.
Questions? Contact Diana Q. Shepherd, Director, firstname.lastname@example.org, or (610) 758-3401 or (610) 758-6886.
Location and Logistics
The program takes place on the campus of Lehigh University in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania. Participants will also visit local businesses and cultural sites and take a day trip to New York City. They live in residence halls on campus with a residence life coordinator and 10 undergraduate or graduate student mentors and enjoy meals in Lehigh dining facilities and local restaurants.
SuMMer / Fall 2020 Virtual OPPORTUNITIES
In 2020, we introduced new virtual programs for summer and fall 2020! Stay tuned for potential virtual experiences in 2021 – send an email to email@example.com to receive notifications.
One-Week Virtual Global Entrepreneurship Program
July 13- July 17, 2020
Iacocca Global Leadership Program for high school seniors
July 13 - November 20, 2020