Join the Iacocca Institute staff this summer. We hire temporary employees to help run our programs.
DRIVER/OFFICE ASSISTANT/GENERAL SUPPORT STAFF – GLOBAL VILLAGE
This is an amazing way to be part of one of the most exciting opportunities on Lehigh University’s campus in the summer of 2020. Join the staff of the Iacocca Institute as we work with a microcosm of the entire world, as 75 young professionals from 35+ different countries will gather for the Iacocca Global Village for Future Leaders.
Drive Lehigh University vans to local venues, bus terminals and airports.
Assist in pre-Village setup and post-Village packing up of dorms and temporary office relocation.
Perform administrative office duties.
Assist with the setup of guest rooms used for executives, facilitators and panelists.
Must have a valid U.S. driver’s license with an acceptable driving record for the last two years.
Ten positions are available. This position has extremely flexible hours. We can schedule your work hours around classes. Apply here. For more information, please contact Jarmaine Lomax prior to April 3, 2020 at firstname.lastname@example.org or (610) 758-6723.
Student Mentors – Iacocca Global Entrepreneurship Intensive
Student Mentors are key to the success of the Iacocca Global Entrepreneurship Intensive. They live in the residence hall with the high school students (ages 16-17) for four weeks and participate in the program with them. This leadership opportunity is certain to be challenging yet exciting as Lehigh prepares to welcome some of brightest high school students in the United States and from around the world to our campus for a unique summer experience. Because of the intense nature of the schedule, student mentors will not be able to take classes or work elsewhere during the time of the program.
- Attend meals, classes, seminars, trips and tours with the high school students.
- Serve as a role model and mentor at all times.
- Live in the residence hall, 24/7, except for assigned day or night off. Be available at all dorm activities according to a rotating schedule with other staff.
- Advise a mentor group and assist the group with different team projects with local partnering businesses. Projects have real deliverables that involve marketing/marketing research.
- Work as a team with other Student Mentors, sharing duties throughout the four-week program.
- Support the high school students as they adjust to the residential experience.
- Develop different social programs or activities that support the goals of the program.
- Handle different administrative and program tasks, including driving, under the direction of the Residence Life Coordinator and the Director.
- Participate in orientation for Student Mentor staff from June 22 through June 26.
- Must have a valid U.S. driver’s license (issued on or before June 22, 2018) and clean driving record.
- Must have a solid academic record at the university level.
- Successful completion of standard background checks including but not limited to: social security verification, education verification, county and national criminal background checks, PATCH, FBI fingerprinting, Child Abuse Clearance.
Salary and benefits:
- $2,200 (plus $120 to cover the cost of cell phone usage and clearance/fingerprinting required of staff members)
- Housing and meals, June 22-July 25
Interviews will start February 3, 2020 and continue until all positions are filled. Apply here.
Residence Life Coordinator – Iacocca Global Entrepreneurship Intensive
The Residence Life Coordinator is a professional staff member within the Iacocca Global Entrepreneurship Intensive office, Lehigh University. Supervised by the Director, the Residence Life Coordinator is responsible for the total operation of a residence hall area during the 4-week program.
- Supervise the student mentors in their residence life duties
- Provide leadership for students and staff through programming and discipline
- Enforce program, university and residence hall rules and regulations
- Mentor a business project
- Purchase program supplies
- Coordinate in-program transportation
- Act as facilities manager for the residence area including overseeing maintenance and custodial concerns
Salary and Benefits:
- Office duty June 8-June 19: $10/hour
- Program June 22-July 25: Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications.
- Housing and meals, June 22-July 25