The Lehigh University-United Nations Partnership, in collaboration with the International Labor Organization (ILO), has been chosen to host the world's first Model ILO simulation.
This event, which will include engaging with senior ILO officials, will challenge participants to simulate an ILO deliberation on the topic of Child Labor, which will include representing and negotiating with various workers groups, employers, and governments.
- Read ILO designated background papers on the topic
- Attend a virtual training session with senior ILO officials
- Attend the virtual simulation all day April 10 and 11.
- The total time commitment is expected to be less than 15 hours.
- Put “Participated in America’s first Model ILO Conference” on your resume
- Engage directly with senior ILO officials, including the Executive Director of the ILO North America
- Build debating and negotiation skills
There is no charge for taking part in this event. Only the first 60 students to register will be admitted.
Please register here by Wednesday, February 24.
The Model ILO simulation is co-sponsored by Lehigh University’s Martindale Center for the Study of Private Enterprise.
Model ILO Secretariat
- Alejandro Del Valle Valdez '23, Chair
- Hiwot Demelash '22, Co-Vice Chair
- Sophia Holt '21, Co-Vice Chair
- Matsela Matsela G '21, Coordinator
- Dr. Bill Hunter, Program Adviser
- Debra Rubart, Program Logistics Manager