This year, 10 Lehigh students applied to the Fulbright U.S. Student Program, and five are semi-finalists.
The Fulbright U.S. Student Program provides grants for individually designed study or research projects or for English Teaching Assistant Programs.
- Jessica Condolo Hubsch, who graduated from the College of Education in 2018, hopes to teach English in Portugal.
- Sunny Huang '16 hopes to teach English in Taiwan.
- Owen Loughlin '18 hopes to teach English in Russia.
- Mikayla Cleary-Hammarstedt '18 hopes to pursue a MSc in Civil Engineering at Delft University of Technology, The Netherlands.
- Talia Rodkey '19 hopes to research the prevalence of microplastics in commercially important species and determining the role of seafood as a pathway of human microplastic uptake at the University of Newcastle, Australia.
Candidates should receive final decisions on their applications in April.