Office of International Affairs Summer Fellowship Program is a paid summer fellowship (June 5-July 28, 2023) that introduces Lehigh students to careers in international education.
Fellows will work full time in Lehigh's Office of International Affairs (OIA), rotating through the OIA programs and offices to gain an in-depth insight on each area's functions and explore possible career paths in the field of international education. The program is open to Lehigh undergraduates in any college or major.
The deadline to apply is February 16, 2023.
Questions? Contact the program coordinators, Elena Reiss or Antonio Ellison.
OIA Summer Fellows are expected to be actively engaged in person a minimum of 30 hours a week from June 5 through July 28, 2023.
- Fellows rotate through OIA offices every one to two weeks to receive maximum exposure to various aspects of international education.
- Fellows participate in current programming, shadow staff, conduct research, and participate in professional development opportunities.
- Each fellow will be matched with a staff mentor to meet over lunch at least once a week. Lunch is provided.
- As a capstone project, fellows will propose and run a fall program that will increase OIA’s engagement on campus.
- Campus housing from June 5 through July 28, 2023
- Stipend of $4,000
- Opportunities to stay involved throughout the school year
- Respect for diversity
- Demonstrated interest/curiosity in a career in international education
- Creative problem-solving
- Effective communication
- Inclusive collaboration
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude
- Strong communications skills (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
- Leadership and skills to work with initiative and autonomy
How to Apply
To apply, please complete the online application. You will need to submit the following information:
- Video statement (under two minutes)
- Contact information for two recommenders (no written recommendation required)
The deadline to apply is February 16, 2023