Programs range from teaching in Cambodia (left) to community development in Indonesia (center) to working with biofuels in Malaysia (right)
Applications for the 2018 Iacocca Internship Placements will open September 30, 2017.
Visit "Apply" in the left-hand menu for more information.
The international internships are fully funded through the Iacocca Foundation, the Freeman Foundation and many generous donors.
The funding covers your airfare, housing, most meals and on-ground transportation for the duration of your internship. Expenses for which students are responsible are: passport, visa applicaiton, immunizations, some meals, additional excursions at your discretion, souvenirs, and other incidentals. Accommodations vary depending on the internship, but may be a home-stay, apartment, dorm, hostel or hotel.
Internships are full-time and unpaid.
Internship assignments are available in many locations and disciplines. The 2017 Internship opportunities are still available to view. Learn more by visiting our "Internship Opportunities" page.
Students can apply for one internship or note a first choice and a second choice. However, if you provide a second choice on your application, it will be assumed that you will accept that placement if it’s offered, so please indicate a second choice only if you fully intend to accept it. Graduating seniors are eligible to apply, but if selected, must defer graduation until after their internship has been completed.
Application Timeline (Example)
- September 31, 2017: Internship opportunities posted
- Information sessions: see General Information Sessions below
- November 27, 2017: Application deadline (This includes ALL supplemental materials in addition to application)
- Late January 2018: Internship selections will be announced
The Steering Committee will review all completed applications using holistic approach to select students, with consideration being given to the following criterion:
- Students who have not previously participated in a Lehigh-sanctioned program abroad
- Students who have financial need
- Alignment of the internship position with student's academic background and experience
- Students in good academic and behavioral standing with Lehigh University
Types of Internship Experiences
- Language Skill Development
Other Internship Descriptors
- Credit-bearing and non-credit bearing opportunities available
- Opportunities are targeted to undergraduate students and a few select opportunities are available to graduate students
- Experiences aligned for various disciplines / majors
- Diverse geographic locations (30+ countries)
Review past reports to learn more about the internship experiences: