Programs range from teaching in Cambodia (left) to community development in Indonesia (center) to working with biofuels in Malaysia (right)
Applications for the 2017 Iacocca Internship Placements are closed.
Visit "Apply" in the left-hand menu for more information.
The international internships are fully funded through the Iacocca Foundation, the Freeman Foundation and many generous donors.
The funding covers your airfare, housing, meals and on-ground transportation for the duration of your internship. Your only expenses are your passport, visa, immunizations, additional excursions at your discretion, souvenirs, and other incidentals. Accommodations vary depending on the internship, but may be a home-stay, apartment, dorm, hostel or hotel.
Internships are full-time and unpaid. A modest stipend is provided upon successful completion of the Internship in order to slightly offset loss of summer earnings.
Internship assignments are available in many locations and disciplines. The 2017 Internship opportunities are still available to view. Learn more by visiting our "Internship Opportunities" page.
Students can apply for one internship or note a first choice and a second choice. However, if you provide a second choice on your application, it will be assumed that you will accept that placement if it’s offered, so only place a second choice if you fully intend to accept it. Graduating seniors are eligible to apply, but if selected, must defer graduation until after their internship has been completed.
Application Timeline (Example)
- October 15, 2016: Internship opportunities posted
- Information sessions: see General Information Sessions below
- December 30, 2016: Application deadline (This includes ALL supplemental materials in addition to application)
- Early February 2017: Internship selection announced
The Steering Committee will review all completed applications using holistic approach to select students, with consideration being given to the following criterion:
- Students who have not previously participated in a Lehigh-sanctioned program abroad
- Students who have financial need
- Alignment of the internship position with student's academic background and experience
- Students in good academic and behavioral standing with Lehigh University
Types of Internship Experiences
- Language Skill Development
- Service Learning
Other Internship Descriptors
- Credit-bearing and non-credit bearing opportunities available
- Opportunities are available for undergraduate students and graduate students
- Experiences aligned for various disciplines / majors
- Diverse geographic locations (30+ countries)
Review past reports to learn more about the internship experiences: