Many of our internships are available to students thanks to the participation of sponsoring companies. When organizations host Lehigh interns for six to 12 weeks over summer, they receive many benefits, such as new perspectives from high-potential, mature, and driven students, and the opportunity to mentor and supervise promising young adults.
If you are interested in providing an international internship experience for a Lehigh University student, the process is simple. Contact Carol Ham at firstname.lastname@example.org or (610) 758-3467. Or complete this form with the specific position decription information and host company information. We will contact you for further information and provide you with details of the sponsor establishment process.
Sponsoring companies must:
- Maintain commercial general liability insurance of at least $1 million
- Sign the International Internship Agreement (PDF)
- Refine position description, as needed, to include meaningful responsibilities
- Identify on-site supervisor or mentor
- Coordinate and make payments for living and on-site travel arrangements
- Provide space, equipment and tools that the intern will need to perform duties
- Provide weekly feedback and final evaluation