The Pennsylvania School for Global Entrepreneurship brings American high school sophomores and juniors (ages 16-17) together with International high school students from all regions of the world for four weeks to live and learn together at Lehigh University in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania.
Students learn about entrepreneurship, globalization, team building, project management, leadership and working within a culturally diverse environment.
Program graduates will know how to:
- evaluate whether an idea has the potential to be a successful innovation,
- work as part of an international team, and
- learn how to develop a functional business and marketing plan.
Sessions are facilitated by Lehigh faculty members as well as entrepreneurs and leaders of the local and international business community.
The curriculum includes:
- Core courses in business, ethics, marketing, basic accounting and globalization taught by Lehigh University faculty and community leaders
- Additional courses in specific areas of business such as negotiating, human resources, or financial markets
- Meetings with Entrepreneurs in Residence to hear real-life stories of success and lessons learned
- Small-team project developing a solution for an actual problem facing a local company
- Educational field trips to New York City and Harrisburg, Pennsylvania’s capital
- Cultural exchanges and other activities
The highlight of the program is the team project, where participants work in small groups to apply what they’ve learned and help a local business solve a problem. In past years, students have worked with companies such as C.F. Martin & Co., Bracalente Manufacturing, Dutch Springs/NorthStar Adventures, Habitat for Humanity, United Way, Allentown Economic Development Corp., and more.
Students live in Lehigh University dormitories and enjoy food and recreation using facilities at Lehigh and in the surrounding area.
The competitive program is open to all current high school sophomores and juniors (ages 16-17). The selection committee evaluates each application individually for evidence of academic ability, leadership, entrepreneurship and community service. Students of any nationality are welcome to apply—to date, participants have come from nearly 60 countries.
Application and Fees
There is no application fee. Tuition for students selected to attend the four week program includes all housing, food, courses, course materials, project transportation and field trips.
American program fee is $3,450. International program fee is $3,950 and includes Newark International or Lehigh Valley International airport transfer fees, extra night and meals.
Limited scholarships are available. For specific questions, please contact Diana Q. Shepherd, Director, firstname.lastname@example.org, or (610) 758-3401 or (610) 758-6886.