Welcome to Lehigh!
The Office of International Students and Scholars (OISS) provides immigration and visa advising and helps international students adjust to life at Lehigh.
We use an online system called iHome to provide services. When you accepted admission to Lehigh, you should have received a welcome message from iHome with instructions to set up your account. If you’re having trouble, please contact us.
In iHome, you can:
- Update your permanent home address
- Provide a mailing address for visa document shipping
- Upload a copy of your passport and financial support document
- Find instructions for visa application and paying the SEVIS fee
- Register for airport pickup
- View the International Student Orientation schedule
Before you arrive in the United States, we will send materials to you using U.S. mail or International FedEx, and send emails from the Office of Admissions and the Office of International Students and Scholars. If you have any changes to your mailing address or email address, send your updated contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
International Student Checklist
- Reply to your Lehigh admission offer and pay the US$500 enrollment deposit by May 1
- Set up your Lehigh email address
- Complete all forms in iHome: iss.lehigh.edu
- Register for StepUp summer intensive English language program if it’s required in your acceptance offer: global.lehigh.edu/esl/stepup
- Confirm participation in International Student Orientation
- Submit photo to ID Office (can be passport photo)
- Check the Lehigh portal regularly for updated information: portal.lehigh.edu
Visa and Immigration Information
After you submit the non-refundable US$500 enrollment deposit, you will get your immigration package, which includes the appropriate forms and information to help you get your student visa at the U.S. Embassy or Consulate. Please begin this process as soon as possible after receiving your immigration materials.
To receive your Form I-20, “Certificate of Eligibility for Nonimmigrant Student Status,” you must complete the required forms in iHome. If you are currently attending a high school in the United States on an F-1 Visa, you will receive your Lehigh I-20 after you have graduated or after your current school releases your I-20 to Lehigh.
International Arrival Check In
Date: August 17, 2017
Time: 9:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.
Location: Lamberton Hall
International Arrival Check-In is mandatory upon arriving at Lehigh. You will need your passport and I-20 (F-1) or DS-2019 (J-1) at the time of check-in. Do not plan to arrive early—you will not be able to gain access to campus before August 19.
International Undergraduate Student Orientation
Dates: August 18-20
Optional activities: August 21-23
International students come to campus at the end of August for a mandatory orientation to learn about life at Lehigh and in the United States. All new international students must participate in this program. Over five days, you’ll meet other international and American students, connect with academic resources, and visit the local community—all so you feel at home and are ready to succeed when classes start.