Interviews will start in January 2018 and continue until all positions are filled. We encourage you to submit your application as soon as possible!
For students graduating in May 2018, we also have a Residence Life Coordinator position available. This is a supervisory position for staff.
As Lehigh prepares to host the Iacocca Global Entrepreneurship Intensive, a key to the program’s success is the Student Mentor Staff. Student Mentors must live in the residence hall with the high school (ages 16-17) students for four weeks, and participate in the program with them. This leadership opportunity is certain to be challenging yet exciting as Lehigh prepares to welcome some of brightest high school students in the United States and from around the world to our campus for a unique summer experience.
Student Mentor responsibilities:
- Attend meals, classes, seminars, trips and tours with the high school students
- Serve as a role model and mentor at all times
- Live in the residence hall, 24/7, except for assigned day or night off. Be available at all dorm activities according to a rotating schedule with other staff
- Advise a mentor group and assist the group with different team projects with local partnering businesses; projects have real deliverables that involve marketing/marketing research
- Work as a team with other Student Mentors, sharing duties throughout the four-week program
- Support the high school students as they adjust to the residential experience
- Develop different social programs or activities that support the goals of the program
- Handle different administrative and program tasks, including driving, under the direction of the Residence Life Coordinator and the Director
- Participate in orientation for Student Mentor staff and the Iacocca Global Entrepreneurship Intensive program from June 26 through July 30
- Must have a valid U.S. driver’s license and clean driving record
- Enjoy the experience!
Student Mentor benefits:
- Housing on campus
- All meals
- Opportunity to participate in all courses and experiences along with the students, including recreational and educational trips
- Evening and/or Morning off according to a rotating schedule with other staff
- Remuneration of $2100 (plus $120 to cover the cost of cell phone usage, and clearance/fingerprinting required by Iacocca Global Entrepreneurship Intensive staff members)
Student mentors must have a solid academic record at the university level. Because of the intense nature of the schedule, student mentors will not be able to take classes or work elsewhere during the time of the program.