We are very pleased to announce some recent reorganization in Lehigh's Office of International Affairs. The new organizational structure reflects trends in international education and will enable OIA to be more nimble in responding to issues and opportunities and in supporting the mission of the university. This new organizational structure will also encourage more cross-stem collaboration and will better align positions with the talents of our current staff.
The main changes are as follows:
- Stacy Burger will be leading a new area called Global Partnerships and Strategic Initiatives, working across campus to manage institutional partnerships. Under this area, Clara Buie will oversee the Global Union.
- Katie Welsh Radande will direct the Office of Study Abroad, and advising will now align with the three undergraduate colleges to better match our students with opportunities abroad that match their academic goals.
- Carol Ham will continue to lead the Iacocca International Internship Program, and Alexis Leon will join as assistant director, a new position, in order to support the exponential growth of this program.
- Bill Hunter will continue to direct the UN Partnership and will also take on advising for nationally competitive scholarships as director of the Office of Fellowship Advising, which will move under the Office of International Affairs.
- We're in the process of hiring a new director of International Students and Scholars. We have narrowed the search to three finalists, who will be visiting campus in the next few weeks.
- We are initiating a search for the director of ESL to support our international student population.
You can see the complete organizational structure on the OIA website. We're excited about these changes as we look forward to new directions for Lehigh's global engagement strategies.
Vice President and Vice Provost for International Affairs